Lights, Camera ...Action

Hey All

In case you were wondering where have I disappeared these past 4-5 days, I went to LA over the long weekend. Needless to say that I missed blogging quite a bit and that’s why I am writing this post sitting at the airport..(talk about addiction).

A little bit about LA and then off to the other stuff of the blog.

I felt that LA is in true sense of the word “a melting pot” of the world. There are people from anywhere and everywhere, in all shape, sizes and colors, presenting a vast cultural spread that ranges from spic and span highly polished people to the colorful hippies. Of all the places that we saw I think the Venice beach and the Huntington beach truly represented two different worlds. While Huntington, with its grand houses, lavish restaurants and impeccably dressed crowd spoke of lavishness and richness of LA, the Venice beach resembled the LA of mafia, gangs and drugs that I saw in movies(of course, I didn't actually experienced them but got a feel like this). I think the rest of the place keeps swinging somewhere in between. I was also so fascinated by the famous Rodeo Drive (well who isn’t?) which has mansion like shops of designer brands, where you can go inside see, see the stuff and come out sulking on its expensiveness (at least I did). And, the big movie buff that I am, it is needless to say that I absolutely loved the Universal Studios.

Anyways, to cut the long story short, if I have to describe LA in one word it would be “Grand”..the architecture, lights (at night), charm of Hollywood, extravagant houses and fabulous beautiful people, shine in all their glory and captivate and fascinate anyone who goes near them.

And, now time for some awards. Last week two of my very dear blogger friends honored me with some awards. I just want to say thank you so so much for all the appreciation...this is what keeps me going on and on.

The Mommy at Mommy Pages gave me "The Versatile Blogger Award". Do check out her beautiful blog here and say hi for me.



Also Ruth of Underneath His Wrappings presented me with "A blog with Substance" Award. Wow! thank you so much Ruth. Ruth is as beautiful a person as her blog, which I insist you please check out here.


Now the rule - Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation and experience in five words. HERITAGE, INSPIRATION, GOOD TASTE, IDENTITY & ENCOURAGEMENT.

Finally, a vibrant young girl Vivarjitha of Life is Beautiful honored me with "Cherry on Top Award". Do check out her fabulous blog here.


As part of the deal I have to spill some beans about myself. So here I go:

1) I am a typical typical gemini. I always want to do ten different things at a time and when I am onto something I find my mind racing in totally different direction.

2)Sometimes readers of my blog think I am a fashion designer or associated with the industry in some way. I am not. I am a management student.

3) There was a time when I was crazy about Suniel Shetty (please don't laugh..it is embarrassing enough)

I am saving passing the award tradition for my next post. I am feeling pretty drained out today.

25 comments:

Tanvi said...

Hey! Welcome Back. Glad you had a good time in LA :) Congrats for all the awards! P.S. I like Suniel Shetty too! [probably not as much as you!, but you are not alone!]

Sovina said...

oh my god! that's such a relief. I will make my husband read this..he always makes fun of me on this ..so much!!!

Ce qui m'inspire said...

Wow, it sounds like you really got to experience LA! Congratulations on all the awards! Definitely take some time to unwind and relax, and I hope you're back to blogging full force very soon!

Ce qui m'inspire

Suruchi said...

Hi Sovina...
Thank u for the trip to LA...that we got for free thanks to u;-)
Congratulations for the awards...u deserve them...
But Suniel Shetty...wow!
Thank god it mentions “there was a time”;-)

Scribblers Inc said...

thats quite a handful of awards! and great trip it seems...I gotta make an outdoor soon myself before my office swallows me whole!

Thanks for trippin by...and next time, I am not lettin you go without leavin some feedback!:)

wishes
Scribblers Inc.

Killer Drama said...

suniel shetty..not bad, i was crazy about GOVINDA. beat that

lol

Miles Of Style said...

welcome back...congratulations on all the awards! suneil shetty.... hehehe it is no worse than my puppy love for mithun chakraborty :P :P we all have our "what were we thinking" phases i guess

Persis.

Splurgerina said...

Welcome back..we've missed you!! glad you had a great time in LA..I've always wanted to go there! And congrats on all the awards! Can totally relate to no.1! Want to try everything but the novelty factor wears off fast! :P

Vogue Vibes said...

Great Trip i must say!!!...n ye Congrats on d awards!!....u kno everytime i looked at u i felt i hav seen u before or somethin...i jus realised to look like Sushmita Sen!!!...N ye tat is a compliment:-)

Vogue Vibes said...

u not to!!

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

i like suneil shetty too ... esp in main hoon na .... he was super there!

Sovina said...

@ uncomman woman - thanks

@ charlotte - yup..feeling much better today

@suruchi - see told you...please don't laugh (*red face*)

@scribblers inc - definitely..a done deal

@crazy diamond - olaala ..govinda..superb

@persis - mithun chakravarty..oh my god...i am feeling better already ..seeing that i was not alone..

@splurgy - i know..u r gemini too..but we rock..:))

@vogue vibes - oh my god..sushmita sen..wow! thanks...except that i am only 5.3 but i guess other than that i can resemble her (just kidding..she is way to pretty)..

@deepa - yay!! to all suniel shetty fans..to you, me and tanvi..:))

Tanvi said...

P.S. They are NOT chappals yaar! They are super rad and cool heels. I am obsessed with them specially coz I got them 75% OFF :o)

Sonal Jamuar said...

Lovely !!
Btw Congrats :)

Kanwalful said...

Hi Sovina! Congrats on the award. Nice blog btw, and thanks for dropping by on mine. I'm following you =)

Leia said...

congrats on your awards! & glad you had a nice weekend! :)

Leia's Delights

BarelyVogue said...

Glad you had fun in LA. \

XX
Sahi
www.barelyvogue.com

Sovina said...

thanks girls..and kanwalful - thanks for following dear :)

Sharmada Nagarajan said...

hay...nice to know dat u like my blog...my friend checked out ur's for a fashion designing competition....said it's nothing but--AWESOME.....!!!

Sovina said...

@vivs - that's so great...say thanks to your friend from my side...comments like these totally make my day :)

beingzaraandzidan said...

hahahah! Suniel shetty's fan. I guess u must be his ony fan!!

Ruth said...

Hey sweets... congrats on the awards again and thanks so much for the kind words...:)

Sovina said...

@neelam - he he..i know..i must be the only one :)

@ruth - you are most welcome dear..well deserved:)

Karishma said...

LA sounds grand. I'm *so* jealous.
I'm glad you had a wonderful time though :)
Also, the Suniel Shetty bit, I had one day fascination for him.
You're allowed to tell that to no one!
Congratulations for the awards :)

purple-peeptoes.blogspot.com

Nidhi said...

Great going girl! Kudos for all awards...